Who are we?
The RNLI is a charity that provides a 24-hour lifeboat search and rescue service, seasonal lifeguards, and water safety education and initiatives.
Our lifeboat crews, lifeguards and volunteers rely on a dedicated, professional, and talented team to support them. This is your chance to join us and save lives every day, whatever your speciality.
Why should you apply?
The RNLI is an inclusive organisation – but, more than that, we’re a family too. By joining us, you’ll be able to make a real lifesaving difference while enjoying an exciting and fulfilling career.
- an industry-leading pension plan and life cover
- 26 days of holiday per year
- health/dental cash plan
- childcare vouchers
- cycle to work scheme
- training and development opportunities, including online learning and in-house training courses.
Flexible working hours are available in many roles, for a healthy work life balance.
What jobs are available?
- Lifesaving Operations: The RNLI’s presence in the UK and Ireland – from rescue and prevention to education.
- Fundraising, marketing and media: Increasing income through fundraising and securing a sustainable future for the RNLI.
- Engineering and supply: Providing and managing all the lifeboats, equipment and operational real estate we need for our lifesaving service.
- Finance, legal and planning: Managing strategy, business and financial plans across the RNLI.
- Insights, technology and strategy: Setting evidence-led priorities and delivering technology solutions that enable drowning prevention, lifesaving and support services.
- People: Ensuring our people have the skills, confidence and opportunities to keep saving lives.
- International: Raising the issue of global drowning and working with international partners to tackle the problem.
- Lifeguarding: Keeping beaches around the UK and Channel Islands safe with prevention, education and rescue.
- Face-to-face fundraising: Inspiring the public to support the RNLI and sharing vital safety advice.
- Apprenticeships: Gain new skills in our Engineering, Legal, Marketing and IT teams.