Fill Your Boots fundraising
Our Fill Your Boots fundraising pack is a fun way for your school or youth group to raise money for the charity that saves lives at sea.
Schools' fundraising with a kick!
We're asking groups to fill a welly boot with coins to help our charity save lives at sea. You can fill your boots however you like; and with our cool free downloads and themed activity ideas, you're sure to have fun doing it.
Why get involved?
RNLI volunteer lifeboat crew save lives at sea every day around the coasts of the UK and Ireland. Their protective yellow welly boots help keep them safe at sea.
RNLI wellies keep crews' feet warm and dry. They're non-slip so the crews can move safely around the lifeboat in heavy seas, while reinforced toe-caps and soles protect the crews' feet from crushing injuries.
They're not common or garden wellies; that's why they cost £42 a pair. £42 would be a great fundraising target for a small class or group. But if you're at a bigger school, you could raise enough for two, three or even ten pairs! However much it takes to fill your boots, your contribution will be greatly appreciated.
Fill your boots by organising some fun fundraising activities in your school or group. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Wear a welly day: Pay a donation and wear your favourite wellies to school for the day.
- Welly walk: How many times can you walk around the playground in your wellies?
- Wellympics: Have an afternoon of welly-themed sports. How about trying welly sprints, welly wanging (throwing), welly relay (pass on a welly, or a welly filled with water, instead of a baton) ... Invent your own wellympic sports!
- Welly cake sale: Sell cakes at the end of the school day and collect money in your welly.
- Welly bob-a-job: Wear your wellies while doing messy chores like gardening or cleaning.
- Fun in the classroom: Decorate a welly outline to put on the wall, paint a huge picture with welly footprints, sow a seed in an old welly, write a story about our mascot Bertie Boot …
Read our fundraising guidelines (PDF 177KB) to help you plan your Fill Your Boots event.
Whatever you decide to do to fill your boots, please tell us about it and send us your pictures too. Email [email protected].
To get your school/group to join in the fundraising fun, here’s a ready-made Fill your Boots assembly.
Download your own assembly script along with photos to show the students. Plus there’s easy-to-read factsheet about the RNLI.
Posters, sponsor forms, guidelines … download everything you need for your Fill your Boots fundraising fun.
Note: If you give out sponsorship forms, please ensure they are collected back in and shredded to maintain the privacy of sponsors.
Why not invite an RNLI Education Presenter to your Fill your Boots event, or visit an RNLI station, lifeguarded beach or museum? See what RNLI visits are available here.
Find a wide variety of curriculum-linked lesson plans on water safety and the RNLI’s lifesaving work here.
If you need anything else, do let us know: [email protected].
Finished filling your boots? You can pay in online or download the paying-in form.