The Day I fell in
- 30 minutes
- Optional: display equipment
- Optional: speakers
- Optional: printer
- Optional: musical instruments
This activity tasks children with writing a short piece of fiction using a given location and story title.
Its aim is to get them using descriptive language to consider what to do if they unexpectedly fall into cold water.
Tell me more
Introduce the task with the slides that explain what to do if you find yourself in the water unexpectedly. Get each child to try out the float position, to help them remember it.
Included are a range of waterside location stimulus images and soundscapes, along with pointers to help them get started.
- England KS2 PSHE Health & Wellbeing
- Northern Ireland KS1&2, PD&MU, Personal Understanding and Health
- Republic of Ireland SPHE, Myself
- Scotland First & Second Level, PSE / HWB
- Wales KS2, PSE, Health and emotional well-being