Making Safe Choices
Work in groups to decide what to do when faced with different dilemmas near the water.
- 20 minutes
- Required: printer
- Optional: display equipment
- Stop and think
- Stay together
A group activity to get children thinking about what they’d do in three different scenarios.
They’ll discuss three different possible outcomes and debate what would be the safest response.
Tell me more
In small groups they’ll discuss three different possible outcomes to each scenario and debate what would be the safest response.
A spokesperson for each group will present and explain their choices.
The activity gives children the opportunity to develop a formal, balanced argument verbally.
- England KS2 PSHE Health & Wellbeing
- Northern Ireland KS1&2, PD&MU, Personal Understanding and Health
- Republic of Ireland SPHE, Myself
- Scotland First & Second Level, PSE / HWB
- Wales KS2, PSE, Health and emotional well-being