Rescue Role Play
Use role play to explore what happens in a water rescue.
- 30 minutes
- Optional: display equipment
- Optional: printer
- Stay together
This activity uses role play to demonstrate the correct response practice to an emergency situation. Two scenarios have been provided: one for a beach location and the other an inland waterway.
Tell me more
With the group split into pairs or groups of three, each child assumes one role in the rescue situation.
After a 5-minute rehearsal, the children will act out the scenarios in front of another group or the whole class.
- England KS2 PSHE Health & Wellbeing, Living in the Wider World
- Northern Ireland KS1&2, PD&MU, Personal Understanding and Health
- Republic of Ireland SPHE, Myself
- Scotland First & Second Level, PSE / HWB
- Wales KS2, PSE, Health and emotional well-being