How Risky is this?
Work in pairs or small groups to sort risky behaviours from most to the least risky.
- 20 minutes
- Optional: display equipment
- Optional: printer
- Stop and think
An effective starter activity to stimulate group debate about cold water, not using the correct equipment and playing the waters’ edge.
Tell me more
Using the printable behaviour cards provided, split the group into pairs or smaller groups. Have them review the behaviours and sort them by which they think is the most and least risky.
- England KS2 PSHE Health & Wellbeing, Living in the Wider World
- Northern Ireland KS1&2, PD&MU, Personal Understanding and Health
- Republic of Ireland SPHE, Myself
- Scotland First & Second Level, PSE / HWB
- Wales Health and well-being