True or False
Take the quiz to see how much you know about cold water shock, accidental drowning statistics and beach flags.
- 15 minutes
- Required: display equipment
- Required: speakers
- Optional: printer
- Stop and think
- Stay together
- RNLI engagement and awareness
A short activity using a true or false quiz to test students on key stats, while teaching them about beach flags.
Tell me more
Once they’ve done the quiz, there’s a video to watch on cold water shock that shows students how to react if they find themselves in cold water unexpectedly.
There’s also a matching task to teach the pupils about what different flags mean on lifeguarded beaches.
If your school has a voting system facility, you may wish to use it for this activity.
- England KS3, PSHE Health & Wellbeing
- Northern Ireland KS3, LLW, Personal Development
- Republic of Ireland SPHE, Personal Safety
- Scotland Third & Forth Level, PSE / HWB
- Wales KS3, Health and emotional well-being