Fly the Flag
Learn about beach safety flags and how to know where and when it’s safe to go into the water.
- 30-45 minutes
- Optional: display equipment
- Optional: printer
- RNLI engagement and awareness
- Stay together
This activity allows children to familiarise themselves with the different beach safety flags that will help them know when and where to enter the water.
Tell me more
Printable flag templates will help children learn what they mean with different actions. They’ll also get a chance to say where they would put the different flags to indicate whether the water is safe to enter or not – and why.
- England EYFS, Physical Dev & KS1, PSHE, Living in the Wider World
- Republic of Ireland SPHE, Myself
- Scotland Early & First Level, PSE / HWB
- Wales EYFS & KS1, Personal and Social Development, Well-being