Launch a Memory 2019 Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions:
a. are in addition and subject to the terms and conditions for visiting and using RNLI websites;
b. incorporate the Launch a Memory 2019 FAQs. If any contradiction exists between the contents of these terms and conditions and the contents of the Launch a Memory 2019 FAQs then the contents of these terms and conditions shall take priority.
2. These terms and conditions relate to the RNLI ‘Launch a Memory’ campaign (Launch a Memory) under which names of supporter’s loved ones (Names) which have been submitted by supporters, including RNLI staff and volunteers, (Supporters) in accordance with these terms and conditions will be selected by the RNLI to appear in an RNLI letters and numbers sticker (Decal) which will be affixed to the hull of a new Shannon class RNLI lifeboat (The Lifeboat).
3. Entries of Names will be accepted by RNLI from 00:01am on 10 June 2019 and will continue until the sooner of either:
a. 23:59pm on 1 November 2019; or
b. the date upon which the RNLI has, in its sole opinion, collected a sufficient number of Names (approximately 10,000 names) to complete the Decal.
4. Entries of Names may be submitted by completing an online Launch a Memory form or over the telephone by calling the RNLI Supporter Care Team on 0300 300 0124 (0044 1202 663234 outside the UK) Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
5. The RNLI reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Launch a Memory campaign and/or to amend any of these terms and conditions at any time by placing a notice on the Launch a Memory.
6. A donation to the RNLI is necessary in order to submit a Name. Any amount above £2.00 is entirely voluntary.
7. All donations collected from Supporters in respect of the Launch a Memory campaign will go into the RNLI’s general funds, to help save lives at sea across the UK and Ireland. Supporters will not be able to request for their donation to go towards a specific station, lifeboat (including the Lifeboat) or project.
8. Submissions of Names are welcome from all Supporters who are aged 18 or over.
9. Each submission of a Name must only contain a single name, for example “John Smith” or “Joan Smith”. The RNLI reserves the right to refuse to include submissions containing more than one Name, for example “Mr & Mrs Smith” without any reimbursement of the corresponding donation.
10. The maximum number of characters for all Names is 50 characters including spaces.
11. There is no limit to how many Names each Supporter may submit but each submission must contain a different Name and be made separately in accordance with clause 6.
12. All Names submitted must belong to real, identifiable, non-fictional individuals. Any fictitious names or any Name containing any offensive or defamatory content will not be added to the Decal and no reimbursement of the corresponding donation will be provided.
13. The RNLI reserves the right to refuse to withdraw or amend Names once submitted.
14. Submission of any Name does not automatically entitle the Name to be used on the Decal. The RNLI reserves the right to reject any Name for any reason and without notice to the Supporter who has submitted that Name and without reimbursement of their donation.
15. The RNLI cannot accept any responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, any entry of a Name which is incomplete, lost, damaged, failed to be submitted before the closing date or which for any other reason the RNLI decides is inappropriate.
16. Entries of a Name are not transferable to any other RNLI campaign and the RNLI shall not be responsible for any losses suffered by any person as a result of a Name not being selected for use on the Decal or for any other losses relating to a Name appearing on a Decal.
17. In order to submit a Name for the Launch a Memory campaign, all Supporters must also provide their own name. Submissions of Names cannot be provided anonymously.
18. The RNLI will not contact any person individually to confirm whether or not their submitted Name has been used in the Decal.
19. Names that have been selected by the RNLI will appear on the Decal in an order arranged solely at the discretion of the RNLI.
20. The RNLI’s decision in respect of the final design, content and position on The Lifeboat of the Decal is final.
21. The Lifeboat shall be chosen by the RNLI once it has collected a sufficient number of Names (approximately 10,000 names) to complete the Decal. Once chosen, the Lifeboat’s details including its name and location shall be shared by email with all Supporters who provided a valid email address when submitting a Name.
22. Due to the number of Names used in the Decal, persons whose submitted Names have been used in the Decal will not be entitled to attend the naming ceremony of The Lifeboat. Please see the Launch a Memory FAQs for details of how The Lifeboat may be visited once it is in service.
23. The Decal is expected to remain on The Lifeboat, although the RNLI makes no guarantee in respect of any length of time, for a minimum of 10 years, subject to any wear and tear or other damage to The Lifeboat during that time or for any other reason in which the Decal may be damaged or removed or The Lifeboat taken out of service.
24. The RNLI reserves the right to remove and/or replace the Decal with or without the same Names displayed on it at any time for any reason without any notice to Supporters.
26. Submission of a Name which is used in the Decal does not entitle that person to any rights to or title in The Lifeboat.
27. Entry of a Name will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
28. In the event of any dispute regarding these terms and conditions or any other aspect of Launch a Memory, the decision of RNLI shall be binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
29. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Fair Processing Statement
Personal details provided by completing the online Launch a Memory form or over the telephone by calling 0300 300 0124 (0044 1202 663234 outside the UK) shall be processed by the RNLI for the purposes of:
(a) collecting entrants to the Launch a Memory campaign;
(b) contacting each entrant to confirm that their entry of a Name for the Launch a Memory campaign has been received by the RNLI;
(c) using the submitted Name in the design of the Decal on The Lifeboat; and
(d) keeping entrants updated with news of The Lifeboat at the point that its name and location are chosen prior to its launch.
This information will not be used for anything other than the purposes stated above. RNLI will retain the entries for the Launch a Memory campaign for the period of administering the campaign and completing the Decal.
The RNLI believes that the use of this is necessary for the legitimate interest of the organisation on the grounds that the RNLI would like to inform supporters about the launch of the product and as such has conducted an assessment against your individual interests and privacy.
After the launch of The Lifeboat, if you have explicitly consented to this, you will receive an email on the anniversary of the first launch of The Lifeboat to update you on the rescues that it has been involved with in that time.
We do not undertake any automated decision making or profiling activities on the information that you provide us.
If you have any questions about the information contained in this Fair Processing Statement please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a concern with the way your data is processed by RNLI you have the right to lodge a complaint with a regulatory body for data protection.