Hastings Pelham Beach
Pelham Beach, a section of Hastings Beach, is part of an established seaside resort, with long sand and shingle beaches and plenty of facilities and entertainment. It’s perfect for families, with a children’s playground nearby.
Lifeguard patrol times 2023
|May Half Term 27 May-04 June|
|Weekends only 10 June-02 July|
|Daily 08 July-03 September|
|Weekends only 09-24 September|
|Patrol times 10am-6pm|
Stay safe on the beach
- Wherever possible, swim at a lifeguarded beach. Find your nearest RNLI lifeguarded beach, or the Irish Water Safety website.
- When on a lifeguarded beach, find the red and yellow flags and always swim or bodyboard between them – this area is patrolled by lifeguards.
- Never swim alone.
- If you get into trouble, stick your hand in the air and shout for help.
- If you see someone in difficulty, don't attempt a rescue. Tell a lifeguard, or, if you can't see a lifeguard, call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- For more advice about having fun and staying safe on the beach, see our beach safety advice.
Download our helpful guides to staying safe at the beach
Ready to change lives working as an RNLI lifeguard?
Join the team and you’ll be trained, respected and well paid. You will boost your fitness and train with like-minded people, earn a decent hourly rate from the start, and learn valuable skills that will stay with you for life.
All of this and you’ll be on the beach helping to save lives every day.
Have you got what it takes?
If you’re fit, aged 16+ and can swim 400m, why not give it a go? Help with qualification training might be available if you’re new to beach lifeguarding.