Wotton-under-Edge & Thornbury Fundraising Branch
The Wotton-under-Edge branch was formed in 1993 and expanded to also take on the Thornbury area when the then Thornbury branch ceased to exist.
The branch covers the areas around Wotton-under-Edge (Gloucestershire) and Thornbury (South Gloucestershire), engaging in:
- Direct fundraising through events, store collections and selling RNLI Sales items at local events
- Supporting others raising funds for the RNLI
- Promotion of the work and safety messages of the RNLI
- Presentations to adult groups on any aspect of the RNLI
- Visits to schools and youth groups to promote the RNLI and its water safety messages.
We are always on the lookout for extra help as the average age of our committee goes up by a year every year!
Please contact the Secretary for opportunities at this branch or check our volunteering vacancies.
Committee meets on an "at need" basis.
Local supporters are welcome to attend; please contact branch for further details.
Our committee is small and ageing; we would welcome new people and fresh ideas.
In addition, we have supporters who help with fund-raising activities as required and as available. If you might have some time available to help us in either role, please contact us.