Online Will Writing Service
You can write or update your Will online, from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Here at the RNLI, we know how important Wills can be. Gifts from generous supporters help brave lifeboat crews save lives at sea every single day. That’s why the RNLI have teamed up with two online Will writing providers, Farewill and Co-op Legal Services, so you can write or update your simple Will for free.
We know that writing a Will can be a sensitive subject, so we only work with providers that we trust. When you write your Will online with the RNLI and either Farewill or Co-op Legal Services, you can be assured that you are in safe hands.
There's no obligation to leave a gift to the RNLI in your Will, but we hope you consider it. Every gift left to the RNLI in a Will, no matter the size, helps keep our lifesavers safe when they face the full force of the sea to rescue someone in peril.
Please note: Online Will writing is currently only available in England and Wales. This is due to differences in laws around Will writing in Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. But, no matter where you are in the UK or Ireland, you can write your Will for free in a face-to-face appointment or you can contact our Gifts in Wills team and they will help find a solution that works for you.
Write your Will online with Farewill
How does it work?
- To redeem your free Will, click the button below. You will be taken to the Farewill website.
- Create an account with Farewill and complete their simple online questionnaire from the comfort of your home.
- Your Will is then checked within 5 days by an expert, to make sure your wishes are clear.
- Once it has been checked by Farewill’s experts, you need to print and sign in front of two witnesses to make it legally binding.
How does it work?
- The process is simple. Click on the link below and you will be taken to the Co-op Legal Services website, where you can begin writing or updating your simple Will for free.
- Start your Will online using their form.
- A dedicated Wills specialist will then call you back to answer any questions you may have and finalise your Will.
- When writing your Will, Co-op Legal Services can advise on a variety of more complex circumstances such as blended family scenarios, dealing with business ownership, and assets held abroad.
A gift in your Will helps protect me when I launch to save lives.
The RNLI is powered by gifts in Wills from supporters like you
We understand that your priority is looking after your loved ones, so there is no obligation to leave a gift to the RNLI in your Will, but we are so grateful to you for considering it. If you do choose to leave a gift to the RNLI in your Will, thank you.
Your special gift will be the protective kit, intensive training and facilities that help protect our lifesavers when they face stormy seas to answer the call for help, day and night. A gift in your Will is our protection at sea.
And your generosity will always be remembered – because once we are notified that we have received your gift, your name will be added to the side of a lifeboat along with the names of 10,000 other supporters who have left a gift in their Will to the RNLI. So if you are considering leaving a gift in your Will to the RNLI, thank you. Your support will help save lives at sea.