Book a face-to-face appointment with a solicitor and write or update your Will for free.
Writing your Will can ensure that your wishes are respected and those you care for are looked after. But it can also save lives. Every day, brave lifeboat volunteers are ready to launch to the rescue and save lives because of generous supporters like you leaving a gift to the RNLI.
That’s why the RNLI has teamed up with a free Will writing service, so you can write or update your simple Will for free. While there’s no obligation to leave a gift to the RNLI, if you do, you’ll be helping RNLI lifesavers launch to the rescue 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We need the generosity of supporters like you to save lives at sea. Any gift, large or small, will make a real difference. Thank you.
A gift in your Will helps bring me and the people I rescue back home safely.
How to write your Will face-to-face with a solicitor:
What you need to know about the RNLI free Wills service:
- You or your partner, if you have one, must be 18 years or older.
- One of our partners, the National Free Wills Network or the Irish Free Wills Network, will send you the names and addresses of at least two local firms of solicitors.
- We pay a special rate for a local solicitor to write a simple Will and there is no cost to you.
- If your Will is more complicated you may be asked to pay an additional cost. This will be agreed between you and the solicitor beforehand, so you won’t suddenly face an unexpected bill.
- And if you leave a gift to the RNLI, your generosity will always be remembered – because once we are notified that we have received your gift, your name will be added to the side of a lifeboat along with the names of 10,000 other supporters who have left a gift in their Will to the RNLI.
Ready to book an appointment to write your Will for free? Fill out the form below to get things started.