Flint RNLI light up the skies for annual firework display
Thousands of spectators wrapped up warm to enjoy Flint RNLI’s annual firework display.
The event was started by Flint Town Mayor Norma Davies lighting ‘Barbara’s Beacon’. This was followed by a count down by the crowd to start the spectacular fireworks display at Flint Castle.
Alan Forrester, Lifeboat Operations Manager said: ‘The event went very well and the atmosphere was great. The display was very well received by the crowds and they gave us a big round of applause at the end.
'A lot of time and resources is given by volunteers from Flint ATC Cadets, St John’s Ambulance Flint and Flint and Holywell Rotary Club, without their support we wouldn't be able to hold such a successful event and raise vital funds for the RNLI.'
Notes to editors
- Flint RNLI Carol Concert, Friday 6 December 6:30pm at St Mary’s and St David’s Parish Church, Church Street Flint
- Flint RNLI lifeboat station was established in 1966. To learn more about the lifeboat station go to www.rnli.org.uk/flint
- Since 1966 Flint Lifeboat has launched over 700 times, saved 103 lives, and rescued a further 148 people.
- Flint lifeboat and its volunteers responded to 14 calls in 2018
- Potential lifeboat crew and fundraising volunteers, contact Alan Forrester on 07785593247
RNLI media contacts
For more information contact Carly McCarthy and Aby Norwood Flint RNLI volunteer press officers, on [email protected] or [email protected] Alternatively contact Eleri Roberts, RNLI Regional Media Officer on 07771 941390 or RNLI Press Office 01202 336789.
Key facts about the RNLI
The RNLI charity saves lives at sea. Its volunteers provide a 24-hour search and rescue service around the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland coasts. The RNLI operates 238 lifeboat stations in the UK and Ireland and more than 240 lifeguard units on beaches around the UK and Channel Islands. The RNLI is independent of Coastguard and government and depends on voluntary donations and legacies to maintain its rescue service. Since the RNLI was founded in 1824, its lifeboat crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives.
Learn more about the RNLI
Contacting the RNLI - public enquiries