RNLI receive cheque from Rotary Club
Hawarden Rotary Club visited Flint lifeboat station today to hand over a cheque for £200.
Hawarden Rotary club, which was only established in the last nine months, visited Flint Lifeboat Station today to present the volunteers with a cheque for £200.
Professor David Brigden said ‘In our short existence we have held several fundraising ventures; these include a St David’s Day Concert and a Christmas Fair, each raising money for local charities or other worthwhile causes, and we are delighted to be making this presentation to the volunteers of Flint RNLI today’
Report from Richard Polden Flint RNLI volunteer press officer, telephone 01745590331 or 07496770576
Notes to editors
- Flint RNLI lifeboat station was established 1966. To learn more about the lifeboat station go to www.rnli.org.uk/flint
- Since 1966 Flint Lifeboat has launch over 700 times, saved 100 lives, and rescued a further 148 people.
· Flint lifeboat and its volunteers responded to 14 calls in 2018
· Flint lifeboat and its volunteers have responded to 3 calls in 2019
· Potential lifeboat crew and fundraising volunteers, contact Alan Forrester on 07785593247
RNLI media contacts
Richard Polden, Flint RNLI Volunteer Lifeboat Press Officer on 01745590331 or 07496770596, or Danielle Rush, RNLI Media Relations Manager in Wales on 01745585162, or 07786668829 or RNLI Press Office 01202336789.