Flint RNLI has saved more than 100 lives
Flint RNLI volunteers saved their 100th life in 2017 according to official figures received from Poole HQ.
Alan Forrester RNLI volunteer operations manager at Flint lifeboat station said: "This is wonderful news for all the volunteers involved with Flint lifeboat past & present, saving lives has been what the RNLI has been about since 1824, and here at Flint since 1966. The volunteers here, as at all other lifeboat stations, are ready to launch at a moment’s notice. However none of what we do is possible without the fantastic support of the fundraising team & donors who ultimately provide the boats, equipment & training."
Report from Richard Polden Flint RNLI volunteer press officer, telephone 01745590331 or 07496770576
Notes to editors
- Flint RNLI lifeboat station was established 1966. To learn more about the lifeboat station go to www.rnli.org.uk/flint
- Flint lifeboat as at 31st December 2017 has launched 689 times, saved 100 lives, and rescued a further 248 people
- Flint lifeboat and its volunteer crew responded to 14 calls, saved 3 lives, and rescued 6 people in 2017
- Flint lifeboat and its volunteer crew responded to 4 calls in 2018
- Potential lifeboat crew and fundraising volunteers, contact Alan Forrester on 07785593247
RNLI media contacts
Richard Polden, Flint RNLI Volunteer Lifeboat Press Officer on 01745590331 or 07496770596 or Danielle Rush, RNLI Media Relations Manager in Wales on 01745585162 or 07786668829 or RNLI Press Office 01202336789.
Key facts about the RNLI
The RNLI charity saves lives at sea. Its volunteers provide a 24-hour search and rescue service around the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland coasts. The RNLI operates over 238 lifeboat stations in the UK and Ireland and more than 240 lifeguard units on beaches around the UK and Channel Islands. The RNLI is independent of Coastguard and government and depends on voluntary donations and legacies to maintain its rescue service. Since the RNLI was founded in 1824, its lifeboat crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives.