How to check and maintain your lifejacket
These are our top tips for day-to-day lifejacket maintenance:
1. Do a visual check – is there any obvious wear and tear?
2. Check the gas cylinder – is there any corrosion?
3. Check the retaining clip or capsule – does it need replacing?
4. Check the air bladder – are there any wear points, holes or slow leaks?
5. Repack your lifejacket – is everything in the right place?
Remember: get your lifejacket serviced every year by the manufacturer or a recommended agent.
Get more advice on lifejackets and other water-based activity tips over at our safety pages.