How to check and maintain your lifejacket
Your lifejacket needs checking before every trip. Do you know what to do? Watch our video to find out.
These are our top tips for day-to-day lifejacket maintenance:
1. Do a visual check – is there any obvious wear and tear?
2. Check the gas cylinder – is there any corrosion?
3. Check the retaining clip or capsule – does it need replacing?
4. Check the air bladder – are there any wear points, holes or slow leaks?
5. Repack your lifejacket – is everything in the right place?
Remember: get your lifejacket serviced every year by the manufacturer or a recommended agent.
Get more advice on lifejackets and other water-based activity tips over at our safety pages.