Cromer West Beach
Due to COVID-19 the lifeguard service has temporarily been withdrawn from this beach. Please follow beach safety advice. We will return to a full service as soon as possible
|Daily 3 July – 5 September|
|Patrol times 10am-6pm|
Due to COVID-19 the lifeguard service has temporarily been withdrawn from this beach. Please follow beach safety advice. We will return to a full service as soon as possible.Follow beach safety advice
Stay safe on the beach
- Wherever possible, swim at a lifeguarded beach. Find your nearest RNLI lifeguarded beach or search on goodbeachguide.co.uk or the Irish Water Safety website.
- Always read and obey the safety signs at Cayton Bay Beach. These will help you avoid potential hazards on the beach and identify the safest areas for swimming.
- When on a lifeguarded beach, find the red and yellow flags and always swim or bodyboard between them – this area is patrolled by lifeguards.
- Never swim alone.
- If you get into trouble, stick your hand in the air and shout for help.
- If you see someone in difficulty, don't attempt a rescue. Tell a lifeguard, or, if you can't see a lifeguard, call 999 or 112 and ask for the coastguard.
- For more advice about having fun and staying safe on the beach, see our beach safety advice.
Download our helpful guides to staying safe at the beach
Working as an RNLI lifeguard is one of the best summer jobs out there
Join the team and we’ll get you kitted, trained and paid for a summer to remember. You will boost your fitness and train with like-minded people, earn a decent hourly rate from the start, and learn valuable skills that will stay with you for life.
All of this and you’ll be on the beach helping to save lives every day.
Have you got what it takes?
If you’re fit, aged 16+ and can swim 400m, why not give it a go? Help with qualification training might be available if you’re new to beach lifeguarding.
So whether you’re qualified or just getting started, visit our recruitment site for info and vacancies, find out here what our lifeguard training is like, and join the #BestSummerJob conversation on social media.