Lifeboat house constructed at a cost of £500.
Medals were presented to the crew of the lifeboat by the Norwegian Government for the rescue of 23 people from the barque St George of Christiania.
A Centenary Vellum awarded.
Thanks of the Institution inscribed on Vellum accorded to Coxswain W E Gorry and £5 monetary award to the coxswain and six crew members for their part in a service with the Port Erin lifeboat to the Coaster Moonlight which foundered off Bradda Head on 9 September.
All-weather lifeboat withdrawn on 7 May and replaced with a McLachlan Inshore lifeboat on 20 June.
The McLachlan Inshore lifeboat withdrawn and replaced by an Atlantic 21 Class lifeboat on 8 September.
A commemorative 150th Anniversary Vellum awarded to station.
The Thanks of the Institution inscribed on Vellum accorded to Helmsman Edward Allen and Helmsman Brian Maddrell for the skill and determination displayed on two separate services to the fishing vessel Southern Scott which had grounded and was listing heavily on the Old Bath's Beach on 29 March.
1990 - 1991
New concrete launching slipway constructed.
New boathouse was constructed on the existing site of the previous house after it was found to be insufficient in size to accommodate the station's new Mersey Class lifeboat. The new boathouse as well as housing the new lifeboat and tractor includes a workshop, souvenir outlet and improved crew facilities.
Atlantic 21 lifeboat withdrawn and replaced with a Mersey Class lifeboat on 10 June, establishing an all-weather lifeboat station.
The Thanks of the Institution inscribed on Vellum was accorded to crew member Frank Horne in recognition of the courageous personal risks he took when he was transferred from the lifeboat Ruby Clery to the swamped fishing vessel Three Sisters and pulled three people to safety as the vessel suddenly rolled over and began to sink, 20 miles north west of Peel in moderate seas on 17 October 1994.
His Royal Highness the Duke of Kent, President of the Institution visited the station on 30 October accompanies by the Chairman of the Institution Mr Peter Nicholson and the Lieutenant Governor of the Isle of Man, His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor Air Marshal Ian MacFaden CB,OBE.
Although established in 1828 the station appears to have lapsed according to the Institution's Journal of February 1886 that states "With the co-operation of the local residents a new lifeboat establishment has been formed at Peel where there is a large and increasing fishing population".