Yealm and District Fundraising Branch
The RNLI established a lifeboat station on the Yealm in 1878. The station was closed in 1927 by which time Plymouth Lifeboat Station had been equipped with a motor lifeboat which could cover the area more effectively.
The origins of the Yealm fundraising group are a little more obscure but an active fundraising body has certainly been operating for more than half a century.
Please contact the Secretary for opportunities at this branch or check our volunteering vacancies.