Twickenham, Teddington and District Fundraising Branch
The Twickenham, Teddington and District fundraising branch covers not only Twickenham and Teddington but also Richmond, St. Margarets, Whitton, Sunbury and Ashford (Middx).
Since the branch was formed in 1959 it has raised over £1.5 million, more than half of that since the millennium.
We also have close links with Teddington Lifeboat Station, which along with the other Thames Lifeboat Stations at Chiswick, Tower and Gravesend, began operating in 2002.
We are always looking for new volunteers and supporters. If you would like to join us in our fundraising activities, please get in touch.
Thank you to everyone who supported our Fish Supper on 15th October. We all had superb evening which raised £809 for Lifeboat Funds.
Look for us at the following events:
- We will be carrying out collections at Tesco Extra Sunbury and Longacre Garden Centre Shepperton in the next few weeks - do come and say hello.
- We will be attending "Christmas at Kempton" (Craft Fair) on 17 November. Craft goods only - no souvenirs. For further info www.kemptonsteammuseum.
- We will have our usual stall at Church Street Twickenham on December 15 (sited near Crusader Travel this time)
We are currently seeking a Branch Secretary to provide support and help to our branch.
Duties are very flexible but will include administration, checking and ordering stationery also liaison with:
- RNLI Community Support team
- Local fundraising branches.
- Local area activities
- Our crew at Teddington Lifeboat Station.
It would be very useful if you lived in the Twickenham/Teddington area as local contacts are always welcome.
It would be beneficial if you were able to use a computer and were able to attend monthly committee meetings (at Teddington Lifeboat Station) and assist, where possible, with fundraising events during the year (often weekends).
Your own transport would be desirable within this role.
The branch committee meets regularly at Teddington Lifeboat Station.
The next branch meeting will be in January 2019.