Write a shape poem about either lifeguards or lifeboat crew members.
- 20 minutes
- Optional: display equipment
- Optional: printer
- RNLI engagement and awareness
This poetry activity provides key RNLI information for children to use to create a shape poem. The templates provided will help inspire children to use language creatively.
Tell me more
After presentation slides about the emergency work of the RNLI and its rescuers, the children can write a poem in the shape of the object they’re describing.
There are no rules about the number of words, verses or syllables, but there are printable templates to help them write the poem in the relevant shape.
- Shape Poem - Guidance notes - PDF 3.1MB
- Shape Poem - Worksheet 1 - PDF 422KB
- Shape Poem - Worksheet 2 - PDF 421KB
- Shape Poem - Workshop slides - PDF 17.6MB