Become an RNLI Governor
Passionate about the RNLI? From just £8.50 a month you can join a loyal community and shape what we do.
Have your say and help shape the future of this forward-thinking charity with a remarkable history. We’d love to have you onboard!
You’ll get to enjoy brilliant member benefits like our Lifeboat and Offshore magazines, plus you’ll be doing your bit to help us continue our lifesaving service.
And, by joining us as a Governor, you can really be part of it.
Your support helps us answer the call for help – thank you so much.
I've always had an interest in the sea, my family were fishermen and I served in the Royal Navy. I'm now buying a boat and it felt like the time to give something back.
What will you receive?
- Voting rights at the RNLI Annual General Meeting, where our community of governors can have their say and help shape the future of the RNLI. You can be as active in your role as you’d like.
- An exclusive membership pack including an RNLI flag pin badge, membership card and Lifeboat sticker to show your support.
- Your own copy of Lifeboat magazine, which you’ll receive four times a year. It’s packed with rescue stories and lifestyle features, including regional news and events in your local area to make the most of your membership.
- RNLI Offshore, a 16-page magazine included with Lifeboat, full of watersports, rescues, practical advice on staying safe while you enjoy the coast and, of course, our spirit of adventure.
- An Offshore boat sticker to spread the word!
How much does it cost?
You can buy single Governor membership for £102 / €125 per year – that’s less than £9 a month.
Or you can get joint Governor membership for £160 / €2 per year (or less than £14 a month).
You can choose whether to pay your membership annually or monthly.