RNLI Clacton receive generous donation from local Golf club

Lifeboats News Release

Volunteer crew from RNLI Clacton received an invitation from the local Clacton Golf Club for a presentation of a very generous donation totalling £1,926 to the lifeboat station on Tuesday 15 February 2022.

RNLI Clacton receive generous donation from Clacton Golf Club ladies group

RNLI/Mark Walsham

RNLI Clacton receive generous donation from Clacton Golf Club ladies group

Over the past 12 months the Clacton Golf Club ladies’ members have been raising funds for their local RNLI station by running several events including raffles, sales of equipment and events in and around the club. Maxine Baker club member, presented a cheque in the amount of £1,926 to volunteer crew members who attended at the popular club in Clacton, West Road.

Mark Walsham, RNLI Volunteer Lifeboat Press Officer commented: 'We really love visiting people in our community, and we are always grateful of their continued support of our lifeboat station. This generous donation will help us to continue to do what we do best, to help anyone who may experience difficulties in or around our coastal waters.

'We would like to thank Maxine and all the members of Clacton Golf Club for their support and fantastic donation.'

The RNLI is funded primarily by kind donations. 92% of its total income comes from donations, with the remaining 8% coming from income sources including trading and investments. As a charity that is independent of the government, the RNLI receives no government funding.

RNLI media contacts

For more information please contact: Mark Walsham, RNLI Clacton volunteer Lifeboat Press Officer on 07468511158, or [email protected]

Key facts about the RNLI

The RNLI charity saves lives at sea. Its volunteers provide a 24-hour search and rescue service around the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland coasts. The RNLI operates 238 lifeboat stations in the UK and Ireland and more than 240 lifeguard units on beaches around the UK and Channel Islands. The RNLI is independent of Coastguard and government and depends on voluntary donations and legacies to maintain its rescue service. Since the RNLI was founded in 1824, its lifeboat crews and lifeguards have saved over 142,700 lives.

Learn more about the RNLI

For more information please visit the RNLI website or Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. News releases, videos and photos are available on the News Centre.

Contacting the RNLI - public enquiries

Members of the public may contact the RNLI on 0300 300 9990 (UK) or 1800 991802 (Ireland) or by email.

Categories