Inspire the next generation with a gift in your Will
Become a part of our story of kindness
Since our very beginning on 4 March 1824, the RNLI has relied on people like you to save lives. Today, as we mark our 200th anniversary, your support is needed to continue our story of kindness.
Six in 10 lifeboat launches are only possible thanks to gifts in Wills from generous supporters like you. Your legacy could provide training, kit and equipment that RNLI lifesavers need to save lives at sea.
Pledge to you
When you pledge to leave us a gift in your Will, we'll make a pledge of our own:
- We’ll answer any questions honestly and quickly.
- We won’t put you under pressure - this is a big decision so please decide in your own time.
- Your loved ones come first - we will respect what your Will says.
- We’ll use your special gift wisely and effectively.
- You don’t have to tell us your decision - we respect your right to privacy.
- You can come and see our service first hand - just let us know.
- We’ll respect your wishes as outlined in your Will.
Delia Swift, legacy pledger
‘In gale-force winds, our yacht lost its rudder. I cannot express how frightened we were, and how reassuring it was to hear that Sennen Cove lifeboat crew were on their way. Seeing the beautiful orange lifeboat appear on the horizon, we knew that help was near.
‘My experience is why I’ve decided to leave a gift in my Will to the RNLI. Six in ten lifeboat launches are only possible thanks to gifts in Wills. I take great comfort in knowing my legacy will help those in desperate need of rescue, and help keep safe the brave lifesavers going to their aid.’