“Capacity Marketing for Charities” Terms and Conditions for Free Wills Month (FWM) Campaign
If you decide to take part in the Free Wills Month, you will be accepting the following terms and conditions of Ashton Maund Associates Limited trading as Capacity Marketing For Charities, a company registered in England and Wales (2903417) whose registered office is at Unit 11, Mold Business Park, Wrexham Road, Mold, Flintshire,CH7 1XP (“Capacity”).
- In order to participate in the FWM campaign you must be aged 55 or over (in the case of couples making ‘mirror’ Wills, one person must have reached the age of 55) and you must reside in mainland UK, Ireland or Channel Islands. You must contact a participating solicitor by the end of the month of the FWM campaign to arrange an appointment with them to draft your Will. Please note that the appointment does not need to be within the month of the FWM campaign.
- Participating charities, including RNLI, pay Free Wills Month who in turn pay for a simple Will to be written for you, where 'simple' is defined by the drafting solicitor. Simple mirror Wills qualify under the same terms. If a solicitor reaches the quota of the Wills they have agreed to write during FWM then you may be offered the opportunity to write your Will for free under the National Free Wills Network, or Irish Free Wills Network, terms of which shall be provided to you.
- There is no obligation to leave anything in your Will to the RNLI or to any charity participating in FWM. Your Will will be drawn up according to your instructions to the solicitor. In accordance with The Solicitors’ Introduction & Referral Code 1990, published by the Law Society, the solicitor will act exclusively in the interests of you the client(s); they are free to advise you impartially; and they will keep your instructions confidential except where you authorise disclosure of certain information on the Confidential Declaration Form that you sign at the time of drawing up your Will.
- FWM has imposed no restriction or requirement whatsoever as to the contents of Wills that the solicitor draws up under the FWM campaign.
- So that FWM is authorised to pay the legal fee for drawing up your Will, you will need to sign the Confidential Declaration Form bearing the reference to the solicitor's invoice. You accept that, in order for the fee to be paid for you, all sections of the Declaration must be completed, and signed by you as client(s). In accordance with guidance from the Fundraising Regulator and the Charity Commission, inclusion of a legacy to any of the FWM charities in a Will paid for by FWM is not a condition of the legal fee being paid.
- FWM will redeem each Confidential Declaration Form at rates agreed with the solicitors for a simple Will and for simple mirror Wills. Should the solicitor find, during the drawing up of a Will (or mirror Wills), that the Will does not fall under their definition of 'simple', that the task is more complicated than expected, or if you require any legal advice in relation to your Will then they may ask you to pay the difference between the fee for a simple Will and the actual fee for the extra work required. They will always agree such fees with you before proceeding.
- All solicitors taking part in Free Wills Month are members of the Law Society of England & Wales or the Law Society of Ireland and are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Capacity, which manages Free Wills Month, and each of the Free Wills Month charities, are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Data Protection Act 2018.
- In this document, ‘Will’ should be construed as ‘Wills’ where mirror Wills are prepared.
- Certainty - The National Will Register are offering users of Free Wills Month the opportunity to register the location of their Wills free of charge (usually £36). Certainty don't receive a copy of the Will. Locating your Will can be time-sensitive especially with regards to funeral arrangements so it is worth taking a minute to sign up. Just visit findawill.com/freewillsmonth and enter the code fwm1 when asked.