This commitment applies equally across all the RNLI volunteer roles.
The RNLI will:
• welcome you as a volunteer and provide appropriate opportunities to those who can help us achieve the RNLI’s purposes
• provide you with appropriate training and the right equipment for the task
• give guidance and support your development in your volunteer role
• treat you and all volunteers equally and fairly
• ensure you have a safe working environment so far as is reasonably practicable
• listen to your concerns if things aren’t going right
• recognise that you are a volunteer and have other commitments.
In return we ask you to:
• commit to necessary training and give us your time
• comply with agreed standards
• be professional and loyal to the RNLI
• be fair to those around you
• talk to your RNLI colleagues (volunteers or staff) first if you have a problem.
The RNLI’s Volunteer Team is currently reviewing the Volunteer Commitment, if you would like to share any feedback then please contact us.