What is face-to-face fundraising?
Face-to-face fundraising is all about inspiring people to support our organisation.
Thinking about becoming a face-to-face fundraiser?
You'd be the face of the RNLI, representing us in public and engaging people with tales of our courageous volunteers.
By talking to people about our lifesaving work, you'll inspire them to become supporters and secure valuable funds to help us save lives at sea.
And that's not all - our face-to-face fundraisers also offer valuable safety advice that helps to keep people safe around the coast. It's an important job, but also incredibly rewarding.
We need people with:
- want to succeed
- are team players
- can rise to the challenge
- can work towards targets
- can ask for regular donations
- have excellent communication skills
- can commit to full-time work throughout July and August.
Confident drivers are a bonus, as we use large hire cars to get our teams to locations, but not essential.
Do these traits sound like you? If so, we’d love you to apply!
There are plenty of reasons to join our team:
- be part a respected organisation who save lives at sea
- gain valuable communication, advocacy and sales skills
- make the outdoors your office at exciting beach and event locations
- competitive pay (above the UK living wage) and reward scheme
- get valuable experience in the charity sector
- accommodation and travel provided
- extra work at regional and national events throughout the year
- opportunities for progression.
We think face-to-face fundraising is the #BestSummerJob going!
We've got that covered. Before you even step foot on the sand, we'll provide you with first-rate training to make sure you feel confident. And as you get up and running, there will be plenty of support and coaching available.
We've also designed a performance development plan so you can stay on track and achieve your goals. That way, you can always feel like you're doing a good job.
You will generally work between 10am and 5pm for 4-5 days a week, including weekends.