30 mins, Everyday Cook
Smoked Haddock with a Vintage Cheddar Sauce from Saucy Fish Co.
This dish has bags of flavour. Rekindle your love for one of the most successful marriages around, smoked fish and cheese.
- 2 Cook from Frozen Smoked Haddock fillets, with a Vintage Cheddar & Chive sauce
- 350g of large potatoes, well-scrubbed, peeled and cut into halves
- ¼ small cabbage, finely shredded
- 50ml of full fat cream
- 200g of sugar snap peas
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160C and bake the 2 Smoked Haddock filets for 24 minutes.
- Place the potatoes into a pan of boiling water, and simmer for 18 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Drain and then mash until smooth.
- Heat a tsp. of butter in a saucepan, and fry the cabbage for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside. Next, heat the cream with 2 more tsps. of butter in a pan, and beat in the mashed potato. Add the cabbage to the potato and mix well, cooking for 2 more minutes to finish the colcannon.
- Place the sugar snap peas in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and then pat with kitchen roll until dry.
- In a large frying pan, heat half a tsp. of butter and oil and saute the leeks for 6 minutes, until they are tender. Add the sugar snap peas and fry until everything is heated through, then add to the plate alongside your haddock and colcannon.
- Heat the Cheddar & Chive sauce by placing a sachet in boiling water for 4 minutes. Add all of your components together then drizzle the sauce over the haddock.
Recipe supplied by Saucy Fish Co.