30mins, Novice Kitchenhand
Rod’s Delicious Pre-Supper Pate
A simple starter for your Fish Supper.
I’m the Volunteer Assistant Mechanic for Campbeltown Lifeboat Station. I also like to do relief mechanic trips to other stations. I’m sure this paté can’t be original. It’s so simple that other people are bound to have thought of it, but I stumbled on it by experimentation. I like it on toast for breakfast.
- 2 good-size smoked mackerel fillets
- 200g pack cream cheese
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- good squeeze lemon juice
- Grill the mackerel fillets, remove skin and allow to cool.
- Put them in a blender with the cream cheese, black pepper and lemon juice. Whizz until smooth.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe supplied by Rod, RNLI Mechanic