Rococo's Chocolate Tapenade
Serves Makes 450g
- 1 x 290 -300g jar of Kalamata Olives (or another black variety), pitted (190g drained weight)
- 5 preserved anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, squeezed of vinegar
- 5 tbsp good quality olive oil, plus more for jarring
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced (to taste)
- 2 tbsp rum (optional)
- 25g good quality dark chocolate
- Roughly chop olives and anchovies.
- Add with remaining ingredients except the chocolate, and pulse in a food processor until they have formed a rough paste.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over bain-marie, and stir into the tapenade
If you do not plan to use the tapenade immediately, press into a sterilised jar and cover it with a layer of olive oil before sealing. It will keep well in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.