26mins, Novice Kitchenhand
Mark Hix’s Fillet of Pollack with sea spinach
This quick recipe only uses a handful of ingredients to create a deliciously fresh dish.
Quick and easy
- 4 skinless and boneless fillets of pollack, weighing about 180-200g each
- A handful or two of sea spinach leaves, washed and dried
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of rapeseed or olive oil, or more if you wish
- Heat a non stick frying pan with a little of the oil, season the fillets and cook them on a medium to high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fillets and giving them a bit of colour.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and blanch the spinach for 30 seconds then drain.
- Transfer the fish onto warmed serving plates then scatter the spinach around the fish and spoon over a little more oil and serve.
Recipe supplied by Mark Hix