Farmdrop's Perfect Fish Pie
- 1kg potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 550ml milk
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 leek, peeled & chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 400-500g fish pie mix
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml glass of white wine (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Drain and mash the potatoes with 1 tbsp butter, a splash of milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sweat the leek and carrots in 1 tbsp butter and a dash of vegetable or rapeseed oil for 4-5 minutes until the leeks begin to turn translucent.
- Add the remaining butter and sprinkle over the flour. Stir on a medium heat for 30 seconds to cook off the flour and form a paste.
- Pour in a little milk (or the white wine, if using) and stir to loosen the paste. Continue to add the milk bit-by-bit, stirring constantly to ensure the sauce stays lump-free and glossy.
- Once all the milk has been added, stir through the chopped herbs and a little salt and pepper.
- Scatter the fish chunks in a large baking dish and pour over the sauce. Spoon the mash on top and spread evenly to cover all the fish. Dot the top with the remaining butter then use a fork to create a swirl pattern on top.
- Bake in the oven for around 30-45 minutes until crisp and golden on top. Let stand for 10 minutes before you tuck in.
To make this recipe even easier, Farmdrop have everything you need to make this delicious dinner in one handy bundle, plus 20% of each bundle sold will go direct to the RNLI. If you live in London, Bath or Bristol order your Fish Supper Bundle today and get it delivered direct to your door!