20mins, Novice Kitchenhand
Donna’s Mediterranean Fish Traybake
A tasty fish dish with minimal preparation but maximum flavour.
I like to add Worcestershire sauce or some chilli for a bit of a kick! You can also substitute the red onion for shallots, for an extra sweet taste.
Quick and easy
- 1 handful of carrots
- 1-2 red onions
- 1 courgette
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Dried herbs; sage, oregano, marjoram, parsley, thyme
- Olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 pieces of haddock (at room temperature) - you can also use cod, sea bream or salmon
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan assisted, Gas Mark 6. Pop the baking tray in to heat up.
- Cut the potatoes into bitesize pieces, then par boil and drain, until most of the steam has disappeared.
- Slice up the vegetables, preferably in big chunks, as they will soon shrink once cooked. Roughly chop the garlic.
- Add the potatoes to the vegetables and sprinkle on the herbs and chopped garlic and cover in the oil.
- Stir through all of the flavours and season to taste – making sure all of the veg is covered in the delicious flavoured herbs and oil! Carefully tip the mixture on to the preheated baking tray.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven for about 20-25 minutes, turning once the veg has started to colour.
- Whilst the veg is cooking, prepare the fish. Remove any bones if possible, and rub a bit of oil into the flesh and a squeeze of lemon. Season with a bit of black pepper.
- Place some lemon slices on top of the fish and either place the fish on top of the veg or cook in some tin foil, loosely wrapped, on the lower shelf.
- Follow fish instructions for cooking time, or leave in for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- To serve, place the fish on top of the veg and add a sprig of fresh parsley to garnish.
Donna Atkins, RNLI PR Manager