20mins, Novice Kitchenhand
Derry Clarke’s Steamed Mussels with Garlic, Chilli and Asian dressing
Derry Clarke’s recipe for steamed mussels brings the bold flavours of Asian cooking to your Fish Supper menu.
Quick and easy
- 2 kg mussels - cleaned
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 6 tablespoons soy
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large bunch coriander chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger root – peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
- Heat a large sauce pot, add the sesame oil, garlic, chilli and ginger – toss for 1 min.
- Add the mussels, then the oyster sauce, soy, fish sauce, sugar and honey – mix well.
- Cover with lid and cook for 3-4 mins until all mussels have opened.
Recipe supplied by Derry Clarke