Derry Clarke’s Steamed Mussels with Garlic, Chilli and Asian dressing
Derry Clarke’s recipe for steamed mussels brings the bold flavours of Asian cooking to your Fish Supper menu.
- 2 kg mussels - cleaned
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 6 tablespoons soy
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large bunch coriander chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger root – peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
- Heat a large sauce pot, add the sesame oil, garlic, chilli and ginger – toss for 1 min.
- Add the mussels, then the oyster sauce, soy, fish sauce, sugar and honey – mix well.
- Cover with lid and cook for 3-4 mins until all mussels have opened.