Derry Clarke’s Scallops with Fennel, Apple and Dill
Derry Clarke’s recipe features a handful of fresh, delicious ingredients that come together to pack a real flavour punch.
- 8 king scallops (roe removed) – keep shells
- 1 small bulb fennel (outer leaves removed)
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 large bunch fresh dill
- 50ml apple juice
- 100ml olive oil
- Slice the fennel very thinly.
- In a blender/ food processor, liquidise dill and olive oil until well combined.
- Dice the apple finely and mix with apple juice.
- Heat a non-stick pan over moderate heat, add a little vegetable oil. Season the scallops with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Brown on pan for approx. 1 ½ mins each side.
- Place fennel on shell, then scallop and top with apple.