Seaton Beer and District Branch
Our former Secretary Barbara Harding formed the branch in 1967, although she fundraised for many years before this. Barbara Harding was a Life Governor. Her husband Captain Roy Harding was a Trials Officer for the RNLI and he was involved with the development of the Aran Class Lifeboat.
Seaton Beer and District Branch has a dedicated team of Volunteers who help with fundraising for the RNLI:
- We have a Shop at Jubilee Gardens, Beer which is open approximately Easter to the end of November, seven days a week. Open times from 10am to 4.30pm. (Times can vary and also depend on weather and Volunteer availability)
- We attend Fetes, Christmas Fairs and events in our area with our Souvenir Stall.
- We hold our own events during the year including events for the RNLI Mayday Appeal, Table Top Sales and Collections.
- We take part and collect in the Seaton Carnivals.
- An annual Sponsored Walk (usually held in October)
- Street Collection at Beer.
- Beer Lifeboat Week in July. This usually includes the Street Collection, Duck Race Day, Quiz Night and Music Night.
If you know anyone who could organise an event for our branch of the RNLI please forward our details to them and we will be pleased to forward information to and give full support.
New members are always needed and are very welcome. New ideas to add to our regular fundraising programme are also welcome.
Any help that you can give, however large or small will be greatly appreciated.
Please call in to our Shop and see our Shop Manager or Volunteers, come and see us at our events or at the events that we attend.
We look forward to seeing you and thank you for your support